Up to five International Thermoelectric Society (ITS) Board Director positions will be opened for election at the 29th International Conference on Thermoelectrics, to be held in Shanghai, China, May 30th to June 3rd, 2010.
The ITS Nomination and Election Committee invites you to nominate your candidate(s) by using the form below. The Committee will make every effort to attract candidates from a variety of geographic, technical fields, and institutions, to best serve the Mission of the International Thermoelectric Society.
Board Directors are elected for a three-years term and are expected to play an active role in the international Thermoelectric Society business and promotion. The major goals (objectives) of the Society, as stated in the ITS Bylaws, are to:
- TO PROMOTE an understanding of the role thermoelectric technology may play in environmental impact and mitigating global climate change;
- TO PROMOTE the advancement of the thermoelectric industry, science and engineering;
- TO PROMOTE collection and exchange of information and education which will benefit the thermoelectric community;
- TO PROMOTE systemization of measurements to and in comparison of materials and devices;
- TO PROMOTE awareness of the larger community to thermoelectric issues and solicit wider involvement;
- TO PROMOTE various forums of exchange of information and achievements:
- TO PROMOTE a mechanism for coordinating and promoting conferences;
Please use the link on this website to submit your nominations. Nominations will be accepted until May 1st, 2010. Short biographies and information of the Nominees will be posted on the ITS web site at (http://www.its.org) shortly after.
The number of open positions will be finalized after the ITS Board meeting on Sunday May 30th, 2010. The election of the new Board Directors will be organized at the Conference in Shanghai and further details will be announced at the beginning of the conference by the ITS President and the ITS Nomination and Election Committee.