The International Thermoelectric Society (ITS) is a non-profit, incorporated, professional Society organized:
- TO PROMOTE an understanding of the role thermoelectric technology may play in environmental impact and mitigating global climate change;
- TO PROMOTE the advancement of the thermoelectric industry, science and engineering;
- TO PROMOTE collection and exchange of information and education which will benefit the thermoelectric community;
- TO PROMOTE systemization of measurements to and in comparison of materials and devices;
- TO PROMOTE awareness of the larger community to thermoelectric issues
and solicit wider involvement;
- TO PROMOTE various forums of exchange of information and achievements;
- TO PROMOTE a mechanism for coordinating and promoting conferences;
and, other charitable activities associated with these goals.
To further these goals the Society annually organizes the International Conference on Thermoelectrics and publishes ITSnews, an a-periodic Newsletter available by free subscirption.