Four (4) International Thermoelectric Society (ITS) Board Member positions will be opened for election at the coming International Conference on Thermoelectricity, to be held in Dresden, Germany, June 28 – July 2, 2015.
The ITS Nomination and Election Committee invites you to nominate your candidate(s) by clicking here.
The Committee will make every effort to attract candidates from a variety of geographic, technical fields, and institutions, to best serve the Mission of the International Thermoelectric Society. The list of current Board Directors can be found here.
Board Directors are elected for a three-years term and are expected to play an active role in the International Thermoelectric Society business and promotion. The major goals (objectives) of the Society, as stated in the ITS Bylaws, are:
- TO PROMOTE an understanding of the role thermoelectric technology may play in environmental impact and mitigating global climate change;
- TO PROMOTE the advancement of the thermoelectric industry, science and engineering;
- TO PROMOTE collection and exchange of information and education which will benefit the thermoelectric community;
- TO PROMOTE systemization of measurements of transport parameters and TE devices.
- TO PROMOTE awareness of the larger community to thermoelectric issues and solicit wider involvement;
- TO PROMOTE various forums of exchange of information and achievements:
- TO PROMOTE a mechanism for coordinating and promoting conferences;
Please use the link on this website to submit your nominations. Nominations will be accepted until May 30th, 2015. Short biographies and information of the
Nominees will be posted on the ITS web site at (http://www.its.org) shortly after.
The election of the new MemberITS Board will be organized at the Conference in Dresden, Germany and further details will be announced at the beginning of the conference by the ITS President and the ITS Nomination and Election Committee.