- This event has passed.
2022 Calls: Outstanding Achievement Award
Award 2022 Outstanding Achievement Award
Who Distinguished member of the scientific or engineering community
Deadline April 30th, 2022
The International Thermoelectric Society (ITS) announces the 2022 ‘ITS Outstanding Achievement in Thermoelectrics Award to recognize outstanding achievement in scholarship and service to the thermoelectric community. The award carries a cash prize of two thousand US dollars ($2000), honorary membership in the ITS, a Descriptive Certificate and a unique trophy – a medal engraved out of thermoelectric alloy SiGe. The award is sponsored by the LELK ltd. and supported by the Max Planck Institute for Chemical Physics of Solids in Dresden.
In addition, the 2022 Award will include financial support to the awardee to cover travel and fees for attending ICT 2023.
The award shall normally be awarded to a single recipient. In cases where there are multiple individuals in a single nomination, the award selection committee submits justification to the ITS Board of Directors in case such nomination will be awarded.
Distinguished member of the scientific or engineering community whose contributions in theoretical, experimental, synthetic or device research in the field of thermoelectrics are publicly available. Current members of the ITS board of directors are not eligible.
Criteria for selection:
The winner will be chosen from among the applicants by a Selection Panel who will consider the following items:
- Journal Articles, Books, Conference Proceedings and other public promotion of their work.
- Service to the thermoelectric community;
- Letter(s) of recommendation for the award.
- Other recognition.
- In case of the multiple nomination – sustained, collaborative, and substantially equal contribution of each nominee to the same accomplishments
The 2022 Outstanding Achievement in Thermoelectrics Award Committee appointed by the ITS Board of Directors will form a Selection Panel. The Selection Panel will review the Award nominations. On base of the opinion of the Selection Panel, the Award Committee will make a recommendation, which has to be approved by the ITS Board of Directors
Should be sent by email in a pdf file to
2022 Award Committee Chair
- Letter of nomination from at least one ITS member.
- Resume, or similar list of accomplishments.
- Additional Letters of support for the nomination.
- Short paragraph suitable for introducing the winner at the awards banquet.
The Committee Chair must receive applications by: April 30th, 2022