- This event has passed.
Symposium B6 – Thermoelectric materials for sustainable development (MRS-J / MRS-Mexico Bilateral Symposium)
August 14 @ 8:00 am – August 19 @ 5:00 pm
IUMRS – INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ADVANCED MATERIALS 2022
Symposium B6 . ” Thermoelectric materials for sustainable development (MRS-J / MRS-Mexico Bilateral Symposium)”
Thermoelectricity is a well-known phenomenon enabling the conversion of heat into electric energy without moving parts. Its exploitation has been widely considered to contribute to the increasing need for energy along with the concerns about the environmental impact of traditional fossil energy sources.
In the last few years, significant improvements in the performance of thermoelectric materials have been achieved by nanoengineering approach. Furthermore, feasibility of flexible, stretchable, and conformable thermoelectric harvesters was demonstrated and attracted the interest of a wide audience.
However, the path for practical applications of thermoelectrics appears still long.
This symposium aims to bridge the gap between materials science and applications of thermoelectric materials.
This symposium will be organized in conjunction between MRS-J and MRS-Mexico and will be endorsed by THM (Team Harmonised Materials) Japan.
• New thermoelectric compounds
• Correlation between material structure and thermoelectric properties
• Bulk thermoelectric ceramics, oxides and chalcogenides
• Bulk thermoelectric alloys and intermetallics
• Organic and polymeric thermoelectrics
• Thermoelectric thin films, multilayers and nanocomposites
• Theory and modelling
• Thermal transport and thermal conductivity
• Applications and devices based on thermoelectric materials
• Standardization and metrology
Program and invited speakers list (in progress)
– Conference location: Cancun, Mexico + Online
– Conference dates: 14-19 August 2022
– Abstract submission deadline: 11 March 2022
– Early bird registration deadline: 4 July 2022
– The format to submit contributions will be uploaded to the ICAM2022 website – Venue: Marriott Hotel Cancun (reduced prices for attendees will be announced)
– Registration cost (onsite and online have different fees, of course)
These info will be updated periodically on the website
Thanks everyone and stay safe