The International Thermoelectric Society (ITS) announces the ITS Postdoctoral Scholar in Thermoelectrics Award to recognize outstanding achievement in scholarship in the field of thermoelectricity. The award carries a cash prize of two thousand US dollars ($2000), honorary membership in the ITS, and a Descriptive Certificate that will be presented at the 38th International Conference on Thermoelectrics (ICT 2019), in Gyeongju, South Korea.
The award shall normally be bestowed upon a single recipient.
Postdoctoral researcher within 5 years of their PhD whose contributions in theoretical, experimental, synthetic or device research in the field of thermoelectrics are publicly available.
Criteria for selection:
The winner will be chosen from among the applicants by a Selection Panel which will consider the following items:
- Journal articles, books, conference proceedings and other public promotion of their work;
- Presentations at national and international meetings;
- Other awards or recognition relevant to the field;
- Letter(s) of recommendation for the award.
The 2018 2018 ITS Postdoctoral Scholar Award Committee appointed by the ITS Board of Directors will form a Selection Panel. The Selection Panel will review the Award nominations. On the basis of the opinion of the Selection Panel, the Award Committee will make a recommendation, which is subject to approval by the ITS Board of Directors.
Applications should be sent by email in a pdf file to:
Colorado School of Mines
Required materials to be submitted:
- Cover letter
- Letter of nomination from postdoctoral advisor and 2 others letters of reference.
- Copies of publications, acceptances or submissions in the last 24 months.
- Titles and locale of presentations given in the last 24 months.
- Letters of reference (no more than 3)
The Committee Chair must receive applications by: April 15, 2019