Nominations Open for 2020 ITS Postdoctoral Scholar in Thermoelectrics Award
The International Thermoelectric Society (ITS) announces the annual 2020 ITS Postdoctoral Scholar in Thermoelectrics Award to recognize outstanding achievement in scholarship in the field of thermoelectricity. The award carries a cash prize of two thousand US dollars ($2000), honorary membership in the ITS, and a Descriptive Certificate that will be presented at the 39th International Conference on Thermoelectrics (ICT 2020), in Seattle USA.
The award shall normally be bestowed upon a single recipient.
Postdoctoral researcher within 5 years of their PhD whose contributions in theoretical, experimental, synthetic or device research in the field of thermoelectrics are publicly available.
Criteria for selection:
The winner will be chosen from among the applicants by a Selection Panel who will consider the following items:
- Journal Articles, books, conference proceedings and other public promotion of their work;
- Presentations at national and international meetings;
- Other awards or recognition relevant to the field;
- Letter(s) of recommendation for the award.
The 2020 ITS Postdoctoral Scholar Award Committee appointed by the ITS Board of Directors will form a Selection Panel. The Selection Panel will review the Award nominations. On the basis of the opinion of the Selection Panel, the Award Committee will make a recommendation, which is subject to approval by the ITS Board of Directors.
Should be sent by email in a single pdf file to the Committee Chair
National Institute for Materials Science (NIMS)
Required materials to be submitted:
- Cover letter
- Letter of nomination from postdoctoral advisor and 2 others letters of reference.
- Copies of publications, acceptances or submissions in the last 24 months. First authorship will be factored in.
- Titles and locale of presentations given in the last 24 months.
The Committee Chair must receive applications by:
Applications Due: April 15, 2020