To assist a graduate student in the pursuit of research during the summer (May – August) in a field of interest to the ITS.
The award shall be known as the ITS Fellowship and will consist of funds in the amount of US $5,000 for the summer months of study at an institution different from the awardee’s home institution.
The award shall be made to a graduate student pursuing work toward a MS or PhD degree in a college or university, and who will continue his or her studies after the summer period. The award is meant to support a student for the summer at an institution different from the awardee’s home institution. In the event of the lack of applications that the ITS Board or Award Selection Committee views as meeting the expectations for this award, then no award will be given that year.
- Nomination letter (not to exceed two pages) from the student’s research advisor;
- A letter of support (not to exceed two pages) from the host institution;
- Candidate’s resume (not to exceed two pages);
- Brief (< 300 word) description of the research to be undertaken;
- Acknowledgment shall be made of an ITS Summer Fellowship Award in any formal publication based on research to which this award period contributed.
- The awardee is responsible for securing any necessary paperwork (for example, passport or student visa if required) to the host country if the proposal requires international travel;
- Any additional costs associated with the summer program beyond $5000 will not be borne by ITS;
- The awardee must submit a completion form by September 30, 2020 as a follow up requirement, which will include a short summary of the work performed and confirmation by both institutions that the fellowship plan has been carried out.
Selection of Candidates
An ITS Summer Fellowship Award Committee will be appointed by the ITS Board who will consider the aforementioned eligibility requirements and choose the winner from among the applicants.
Application materials should be sent via email to the chair of the Award Committee:
Dr. Franck Gascoin: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submission of materials is April 15th, 2020, with the award selection to be made by June 1st, 2020.