It’s time to nominate!
Two International Thermoelectric Society (ITS) Board Director positions open for election during the 39th International Conference on Thermoelectrics. The next ICT is held in Seattle, USA, June 21st-25th, 2023.
The committee makes every effort to attract candidates from a variety of geographic, technical fields, and institutions, to best serve the mission of the International Thermoelectric Society. Board Directors are elected for a three-years term and are expected to play an active role in the International Thermoelectric Society business and promotion. The major goals (objectives) of the Society, as stated in the ITS Bylaws, are to promote:
- An understanding of the role thermoelectric technology may play in environmental impact and mitigating global climate change.
- The advancement of the thermoelectric industry, science and engineering.
- The collection and exchange of information and education which will benefit the thermoelectric community.
- The systemization of measurements of transport parameters and TE devices.
- Awareness of the larger community to thermoelectric issues and solicit wider involvement.
- Various forums of exchange of information and achievements.
- A mechanism for coordinating and promoting conferences.
If you consider someone suitable for all these points… then it’s time to nominate! Please use the aforementionned link to submit your nominations. We accept nominations until May 5th, 2023. We will post short biographies and information of the nominees on the ITS website shortly after.