Award? 2021 Goldsmid & Graduate Student Awards
Who? Graduate Students
Deadline? April 30th, 2021
Despite the current worldwide situation, the International Thermoelectric Society (ITS) is happy to renew and announce the 2021 Goldsmid Award for Excellence in Research in Thermoelectrics by a Graduate Student.
The award carries a cash prize of one thousand dollars (US$1000) and a descriptive Certificate.
In addition, up to four Graduate Student Awards of US$500 each will be awarded to runner ups of the Goldsmid Award. These awards follow the same Eligibility and selection criteria for the Goldsmid award and are supported by ITS.
Ph.D. candidate graduate student holding a Master Degree or its equivalent who is actively engaged in theoretical, experimental, synthesis or device research in the field of thermoelectrics.
Criteria for selection:
The winner will be chosen from among the applicants by a Selection Panel who will consider the following items:
- Journal Articles with publication dates, acceptance dates or submission dates in the 24 months preceding the conference.
- Presentations at local, national and international meetings as well as invited seminars and colloquia in the same period.
- Letters of reference.
- Other recognition.
The 2021 Goldsmid Award Committee appointed by the ITS President will nominate up to, but not exceeding, six other non-ITS Board members representing various geographical regions to form the Selection Panel. The Selection Panel will review the nominations and make the final recommendation to the 2021 Goldsmid Award Committee.
Each panelist will rank the applications using a standardized format that will weigh in the different criteria, and will submit the results to the Committee Chair by e-mail. Ties will be resolved by vote organized by email or by conference call among all Panelists.
- Letter of nomination from thesis advisor.
- Copies of publications, acceptances or submissions in the last 24 months. First authorship will be factored in.
- Titles, locale and type (oral, invited, poster) of presentations given in the last 24 months.
- Letters of reference (no more than 3)
The Committee Chair must receive applications by: April 30th, 2021