Two International Thermoelectric Society (ITS) Board Director position will be opened for election
at the 39th International Conference on Thermoelectrics, to be held in Seattle, USA, June 21st-25th,
2023. You can now check the program of the ICT2023.
Led by chairman Pr. Dr. Takao Mori, the Committee has made every effort to attract ITS Board Candidates from a variety of geographic, technical fields, and institutions, to best serve the mission of the International Thermoelectric Society. The list of current Board Directors can be found here.
Board Directors are elected for a three-years term and are expected to play an active role in the International Thermoelectric Society business and promotion. The major goals (objectives) of the society, as stated in the ITS Bylaws, are:
- TO PROMOTE an understanding of the role thermoelectric technology may play in
- environmental impact and mitigating global climate change
- TO PROMOTE the advancement of the thermoelectric industry, science and engineering
- TO PROMOTE collection and exchange of information and education which will benefit the
- thermoelectric community
- TO PROMOTE systemization of measurements of transport parameters and TE devices
- TO PROMOTE awareness of the larger community to thermoelectric issues and solicit
- wider involvement
- TO PROMOTE various forums of exchange of information and achievements
- TO PROMOTE a mechanism for coordinating and promoting conferences.
You can find out about each candidate by clicking on the corresponding candidate name and find their resume. The four ITS Board Candidates presented for the election are:
- Sima Aminorroaya (University of Queensland, AUSTRALIA)
- Kanishka Biswas (Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, INDIA)
- Yuzuru Miyazaki (Tohoku University, JAPAN)
- Yanliang Zhang (Notre Dame University, USA)
The election of the new Board Directors will be organized at the ICT2023 in Seattle, USA and further details will be announced at the beginning of the conference by the ITS President and the ITS
Nomination and Election Committee. Participants at the conference will be able to vote.